Chapter 15




Key words and phrases


Pigsty - a place where pigs are kept.

To fancy something - If you fancy something is something you want or something you want to do.  I fancy going out this evening.  I fancy  a yoghurt for breakfast.

At least - This is the minumum. We haven't seen Sally for at least a year.  To stay healthy, one must drink at least 2 litres of water a day.

Something has come up - This means something has happened and you can't come.  I'm sorry, something's come up and I must cancel our meeting.

At my place - this means at my house or where I live.  Let's meet at my place at seven.

To bump into someone means to meet someone by chance (unplanned).  I bumped into Chris this morning.

To spill the beans means to tell all.  Come on, tell us what happened. Spill the beans.


Questions

When did Dave last see Claire?
How old was claire when Dave last saw her?
What was Claire working as when she as 15?
Did Claire use to have short hair?
How has Claire changed?
Did Claire stay for elevenses?
Why didn't Claire stay for elevenses?
Did Claire invite Dave for lunch?
Did Dave promise to bring a bottle of beer?
What is Claire cooking for Dave?
Who did Farmer Ken bump into in the village?

Now, listen to the text.



Popular posts from this blog

Farm at Lane's End - Latest Edition - Chapter 8 - Click Here

The Farm at Lane's End - Chapter 9