Saturday, 13 July 2024

The Farm at Lane's End - Chapter 14

 Key Words


Something has come up.  This means one must cancel.
I'm sorry, something has come up, I must cancel our meeting this afternoon.

Time on one's hands.  This means that one has time to do something.  I had time on my hands, so I went to a museum.

Your Poison?   This means your prefered drink.  What's your poison?  I'll have a beer, please.

Questions

Are Paul and Dave going to the Queens for a drink?
Who bought the first round?
Who sent Dave her best regards?
Did Dave and Paul play a round of darts?
Who did they see in the pub?
Who was Sally with?
Does Lionel Foxely come from a very poor family?
Why is Sally interested in Lionel Foxely?
Why did Sally cancel her singling lesson with Dave?
Will Dave be having another singing lesson?

Now listen to the text -



The Bartons Chapter 27

Pearls Before Swine  This week, the Bartons are trying to decide what to give Jean's mother for her birthday.  This is not very easy.   ...